Ahmed Hassan Charged With Attempted Murder After London Attack

Share

An 18-year-old man has been charged with carrying out the Parsons Green bomb attack, police have said.

London's police chief says the bomb that failed to fully detonate last week in a London subway auto was loaded with explosives and shrapnel.

Hassan, who comes from Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey, has been charged with attempted murder and with using illegal explosives, London's Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

Hassan was arrested on Saturday in Dover, a port city in southeast England that is also a departure point for ferries to France.

Ahmed Hassan appeared in court in London on Friday.

In an interview with LBC radio on Friday morning, Dick said: "That was a very, very risky bomb".

Hassan allegedly bought parts to make the improvised explosive device online and left the carriage of the District Line train at Putney Bridge before the device partially detonated at the next station last Friday morning.

ISIS has claimed responsibility for the September 15 bombing, which was Britain's fifth terror attack in six months. Farroukh was released Thursday and his boss is now demanding answers, according to The Telegraph.

British police have arrested a sixth person in connection with last week's attack on a London subway train.

Three men aged 17, 25 and 30 remain in police custody in connection with the investigation with searches still taking place at addresses in Surrey and Newport, Wales. The Syrian refugee's employer says the man's mother suffered a heart attack after hearing of her son's arrest.

Share